Thursday, February 4, 2016

Tasting - Bodegas Borsao Viña Borgia

Name: Bodegas Borsao Viña Borgia
Variety: 100% Grenache (Garnacha)
Region: Campo de Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2014
Price: $7.00
Shop Review: From the heart of Aragon, birthplace of Garnacha, comes Vina Borgia. The wine is a perfect example of the varietal characteristics: dark cherries and blueberries mingle on the palate and are accented by light peppery notes. Fresh bright flavors are balanced by a fine structure and long finish. The wine is meticulously crafted for your immediate enjoyment.
My Review: That description honestly made me laugh, because I didn't taste much of that at all. But, this dark ruby wine had a sweet, honey-like smell, and reminded me of blueberry jelly with butter on toast. I was very intrigued, but at first taste, I was greeted with basically just a lot of sour. In the mid-tongue, I tasted even more sour, but a waxy dry taste came out, almost like a hard liquor. In the end, there was a mildly pleasant buttery and warm taste. Overall, I was quite unimpressed. I think I finally found a wine that I truly dislike. But at least it's good to find a good benchmark for what I think is terrible. I had high hopes at first sight and smell, but the taste was certainly lacking. A great experience, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment