Sunday, February 7, 2016

Tasting - Beringer Chardonnay

Name: Beringer Chardonnay
Variey: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $8.00
Shop Review: Enticing blend of ripe stone fruit and vivid citrus flavors. The bright citrus perfectly offsets the honeyed apricots.
My Review: Like the Milky Way is with candy, when I think of white wine, the first that comes to mind is chardonnay, and incidentally, one of the reasons I haven't really liked white wines. I know there are too many different flavors of white wine, but this variety just puts a bad taste in my mouth. But anyways, on to this wine. It has a yellow-green tint, and a sour, but fruity smell. I detect some pear, and a little apricot, like the label suggests. At first, I tasted apple, right in my face. Along with that, some petrol, and maybe a little vanilla? On the end, it has a rather spicy flavor. Some pepper, some cinnamon. Maybe it has some of that Asian spice that Gary talks so much about. Overall, not terrible. I haven't really ever liked chardonnays but it does have some decent things going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment