Friday, January 22, 2016

Tasting - Childress Vineyards Muscadine Red


Name: Childress Vineyards Muscadine Red
Variety: 100% Noble
Region: Mid-Atlantic (Lexington, NC)
Country: United States
Year: Non-Vintage
Price: $9.99 (Childress Vineyards Online Store)

Shop Review:
Fresh plucked grape aromas fill the nose while homemade strawberry jam plays on the palate in our Muscadine Red wine. 

My Review:
Looking at the Wal-Mart shelf before a huge snowstorm, I probably would have never picked this wine. But my girl friend liked the label and thought it would be a good wine for me to try. I have tried muscadine grapes before, I wouldn't think it would make a great wine. I was pleasantly surprised at the tastiness. On the nose, this translucent, NyQuil-colored wine smells crisp and sweet with a hint of citrus. On the tongue, I immediately tasted sweet, crisp muscadines, as if I were chewing on one. I then tasted hints of strawberry and grape jelly from the mid-tongue and on the finish. Overall, this wine isn't amazing quality, and isn't as dynamic as some wines I have tried, but does have a certain sweet and crispy "je ne sais quois" that was really nice when stuck inside, snowed-in, and watching Miloš Forman's Amadeus.

No comments:

Post a Comment