Saturday, January 30, 2016

Tasting - Barefoot Red Moscato

Name: Barefoot Red Moscato
Variety: 
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $7.00 (Walmart)
Shop Review: Barefoot puts a colorful twist on traditional Moscato with Barefoot Red Moscato! Refreshingly sweet, Red Moscato dances with all the right fruits. Juicy flavors of red cherry and raspberry shimmy with sweet citrus until the last sip. If you're looking for sweetness, this is the perfect partner for any song.
My Review: Granted, this wasn't something I chose, but since it was in the house, I decided to review this very sweet, red moscato. On the nose, this light garnet-colored wine smelled a lot like cherry and lemon. I smelled a little dustiness, but that's probably due to it being open for a while. At first, I tasted a little crispy, pink lemonade flavor. At the end, it reminded me of many sweet fruits: Cherry, strawberry, fig, even red delicious apple. Very, very sweet, this is one my girlfriend actually enjoyed, as it tasted mostly like candy. I wasn't disappointed, but I also wasn't too excited about it. At the very worst, maybe I could make a syrup for a sundae.

No comments:

Post a Comment